Before You Arrive
Welcome to Auburn University!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting Auburn University campus in Auburn, Alabama. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Abbie (North Asia excluding Korea)
Erik (North China)
Doris (South China)
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Viraja (South & West India)
Annie (South China)
Jane (West China)
Lisha (North China)
Mark (Central China)
Vicky (North China)
Your Pre-Arrival Checklist
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these two videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your travel ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Airport pickup is available at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to campus
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Auburn’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
All Auburn Global incoming undergraduate students are required to take a math placement upon arrival to campus.
Before coming to campus, you can take a practice math test. To take the practice test, login with you Student/Banner ID number. This nine digit number (90xxxxxxx) is on the invoice you received in your welcome package with your I-20 paperwork and welcome letter. Here are the instructions on how to take the math placement exam.
This useful brochure is full of information on your I-20 paperwork required for your visa, what you should pack, and other tips to prepare you for your arrival to the Auburn University campus.
This guide will help you learn more about the process for getting your F-1 visa and arriving in Auburn.
Check off everything on this list to ensure you have completed all the steps before you arrive and bring everything you need to the Auburn University campus.
Here’s an example of what your orientation schedule might look like. During orientation, you will receive a full campus tour, see the sights around Auburn, Alabama, and get to know your fellow international students!
Plan ahead! This calendar tells you when class starts and ends, and when holidays and exams are happening.